REGISTRATION IS GOING TO BE DONE ONLINE – DO NOT COME TO THE JAC
Click Here for the Online Virtual Information Session Registration
Today we are opening our registration for a limited number of spots for our Information Sessions. In order to take the Carpenter Test you will first need to sit in on an Information Session. After the Information Session, you will be asked to upload the following documents: Driver’s License, Resume, Letter of Recommendation and HS Diploma/GED/HS Transcripts. If you are a HS student not scheduled to graduate until May/June, you will need your most recent Transcripts and a letter from your counselor stating you are on track to graduate. Once your documents are uploaded you will be given Interview times to select from.
If all our spots for Information Sessions fill, you will be asked if you would like to be “waitlisted”. Unlike in years past, we will be having Information Sessions, Interviews and Testing throughout the year.
To register now click: https://jac.carpentersaip.org/
CARPENTERS JAC COVID 19 RULES & REGULATIONS - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- If you test positive for Covid 19, you must quarantine for 14 days from the first sign of symptoms. You must schedule a retest on your 14th day of quarantine. You cannot return to school until you have a Negative test result.
- f you came in contact with a person Positive with Covid 19, call the school for direction. Some cases differ but if you come into contact in most cases you need to wait 5-7 days before getting tested. A Rapid test is not recommended especially without Symptoms.
- You are considered most contagious 48 hours prior to symptoms, so if you were in school within that 48 hour time frame let us know immediately. This way we can let your classmates and instructors know so they can be tested. Those people would now be considered first line contact and need to get a test 5-7 days after original contact.
- When you are Positive and quarantining for the 14 days you need to isolate yourself from family and friends so the virus does not spread. Any students found to be not quarantining will be subject to repeating the school year.
- Once returning to school you must stop at the front office with your Negative test result so we can put the documentation in your file. You will be required to make up all classwork from Shop or Class in order for your Covid 19 absences to be excused. In some cases, if you missed something that we are no longer teaching you may be required to repeat the year. Communication is key early in the process so that doesn’t happen. You will not be paid for your school time on the days you have to make up what you missed.
- Face coverings are required at all times and must be worn above the nose. If you are found not doing this in school you will be asked to leave and face possible repeating of your grade. Gator type masks are not allowed. Anyone found to be lying about any Covid 19 related issues will be subject to expulsion from the program and will be required to pay back your grant.
There are a lot of unknowns and changing standards regarding Covid 19 so communication is your key to staying safe and in school. Do not hesitate to call the school for information and advice.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Director of the JAC
Latest News from Carpenters JAC
We would like to introduce you to the new Director of the Carpenters JAC, Robert E. Landy. Bob brings with him 30 plus years of experience in the building trade industry and we are sure he will be a positive asset to lead our...
Online Training Opportunity
You must log in to the CITF Online Learning Center linked below to access the following courses.
The new COVID-19 Preparedness Qualification (CITF) online course covers the rules and procedures outlined in the March 20, 2020, OSHA Guideline Document. This online course is available to all members through the CITF Learning Management System (LMS). Upon completion of the course and test, the COVID-19 Preparedness Qualification (CITF) course will display on the member’s Training Verification Card (TVC).
There is also a new ICRA: Best Practices Awareness (CITF) online course to promote communication, awareness, and protocols for working in occupied health-care facilities available in this same CITF Online Learning Center.
Trouble logging in?
- Make sure you are using the same email associated with your local union
- Make sure you are logging in using Google Chrome Browser
Hello Brothers and Sisters,
Brothers Frank Hawk and the Southwest Regional Council of Carpenters have created and shared an timely, poignant and very important video on mental illness and suicide.
This is very relevant in construction and I think we all will benefit by viewing it. In these challenging times let’s try to be “Our Brother’s Keeper”.
Public Announcement Requirement
Carpenters JAC, 10401 Decatur Road, Philadelphia, PA 19154 is applying to become a candidate for accreditation with the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education. Persons wishing to make comments should either write the Executive Director of the Commission, Council on Occupational Education, 7840 Roswell Road, Bldg. 300, Suite 325, Atlanta, GA 30350, or submit their comments through the Council's Website (www.council.org). Persons making comments must provide their names and mailing addresses.